Sunday, August 26, 2007

Status Report

So, how are things going, you ask?

Pretty good. Pretty good.
  • Moved a bunch of stuff into my new place yesterday. In 100 degree heat. All by myself. Yes, my knees hate me now.
  • All utilities have been canceled and/or reshuffled.
  • Paperwork is slowly being completed.
Emotionally, I'm more a wreck than I show the world these days. That's going to get worse before it gets better, I'm afraid. Sweetie's 'bout the same. But we're still talking and that's a good thing.

In a quest to keep myself busy, I'm entering a Fantasy Football league at the office (draft is this Tuesday night--I wonder if I can get that Heap guy from the Ravens) and I'm going to take part in TRP's Underdog pool. I don't know why I didn't do this last year; I'm a big fan of the underdog. My, that's a lot of sports-gambling related activity. How will my moral center cope?

To all those who sent us emails of support and love: thank you. I have no more words to tell you how much that love and support means to both of us. And I've wept over too many keyboards to count, so I'll stop here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just stay away from that Vick guy... he's not going to be very good this year. ;)

Anonymous said...

yeah...

I'm the last one to advocate bitterness, having lost a good friend for several years after our breakup, but I wonder about your well-being by referring to your ex as "sweetie". I would feel bad to see you call her bad names, but I'm worried about you when I see the continuation of the pet name.

Thinking about you,

Mike

tommyspoon said...

Mike,

Well, the "Sweetie" alias is how I referred to her on this blog. That term was never a "pet name" for her; I call many of my close female friends "Sweetie". Perhaps I should add an "ex-" prefix. I dunno.

I appreciate your concern, Mike. I don't think there's any cause for worry right now. We'll see what happens after I move out on Saturday.