Monday, August 08, 2005

Cultural Notes

Ok, I've got other content to post here, but I thought I'd keep things light for the moment.

Saw "The Devil's Rejects" over the weekend and liked it a lot. And before you reject it out of hand, let me tell you two things: this movie contains the best use of music since "Pulp Fiction", and it has one of the better "cast of unknowns" ever assembled. Rob Zombie a legitimate filmmaker? Apparently, yes.

I've been chillin' with Coke Zero. (And that is probably the most commercial statement I'll ever make on this blog.)

Some bone-headed Congressman from Texas (shocker!) wants to rename 16th Street "Ronald Reagan Avenue". I'll have more to say about this later, but I'd like to make a counter-proposal: I'd like to rename W Washington Street in Pecos "TommySpoon Way". (And, for the record, it's still National Airport. If you call it by its other name I'll just stare at you blankly.)

No comments: