Thursday, May 05, 2005

48 Hour Film Project

Last year, I was fortunate enough to land a featured role in an entry for the Washington, D.C. 48 Hour Film Project. The premise is simple: your group has 48 hours to write, shoot and edit a short film, no longer than 8 minutes in length. I answered an ad placed through The Actors' Center and "auditioned" with the director over the phone. I met him at Atomic Billiards one afternoon for another conversation and he welcomed me aboard.

The group of folks I worked with on this film were not only fun and very talented, but were real team players too. We joked that the common refrain of the weekend was "How can I help?" As a result, we pulled together something pretty good. Good enough, in fact, to be considered for one of the local awards! We didn't end up winning anything, but it was nice to be nominated.

This past weekend, many of the same folks from last year's project got together and did it all again. I was unable to join them due to my Dad's health (and my allergies!), but I would love the chance to do it again! It was the most fun I've had with an acting project since my college days.

I bring all this up because now you can see the films from this year and last year online! Just click here. This link will take you to this year's film, click "I, Hubby" to view yours truly in a rather unique role...


(I suppose I should take this time to warn you that the film contains dirty language, alcohol abuse and adult situations. But I also suppose that you already suspected me of involvement in all those things.)

No comments: