- Downtown Chicago is really pretty. Much prettier than most downtown areas, and that includes Manhattan.
- Q101 has turned into a very nice alternative rock station. The last time I listened (at least 15 years ago) it was a constant hair metal fest. I heard a whole lotta music that I hadn't heard in some time, including "Unsung" by Helmet and the original album cuts of "Lips Like Sugar" by Echo and the Bunnymen and "Everything Counts" by Depeche Mode. I heard this last song while I was going through a unmanned tollbooth that only accepted change. Me, I only had bills, so I threw in what little change I had and drove through. The intense light of the camera flashed perfectly in time with the line "The grabbing hands grab all they can..."
- The toll roads around O'Hare airport need better signage regarding two things: 1. How much the toll is, and 2. Whether or not the toll accepts coins or bills.
- The BBQ at Hecky's was good. Not quite worth the hour-long drive it took to get there, but it was good.
- I also found good seafood! Parker's Ocean Grill in Downer's Grove is quite nice. A bit pricey, but definitely worth the money.
So there you have it. I hope to go back there again soon.