Wednesday, May 11, 2005

"Great" Weather

I spent the day at home yesterday, felled by my allergy to Oak tree pollen. While I was attempting to catch up on some much needed sleep (since I only got two hours the night before due to excessive coughing and sneezing), the weather outside was gorgeous: temps in the 80s, not a cloud in the sky and very low humidity. The radio folks were extolling the virtues of the great weather we were having lately.

Lemme 'splain something to y'all: this ain't "great" weather. It is tortuous weather. It is weather that mocks me with its beautiful skies and pollen-filled air. While most of you are out there doing whatever it is that you people do in weather like this, I'm stuck inside like a prisoner in solitary confinement. I hate it! I really really hate it!

(Tommyspoon will return to posting happier things as soon as the Oak trees decide to stop spreading their seed around.)

No comments: