Wednesday, September 28, 2005

inbetweendays

This week continues to sneak up on me in interesting ways.

  • Dad continues to improve; he is getting ready to be transferred out of the ICU and into the Intermediate Care Facility (which is one floor up in the hospital -- which I take to be a good omen).
  • Even though I still have no regrets about my decision to give up "Hauptmann", I felt a chill come over me when I returned the Lindbergh biography to the library last night. This week is tech week so it is strange not to be experiencing the "half tired/half wired" feeling since I am not a part of the show any longer. I do wish them well. Perhaps I'll go see the show this weekend. Perhaps not. I'm still unsure.
  • The Nationals have reached the 80 win plateau. Yes, I know they were mathematically eliminated from wild card contention earlier this week. But I don't really care. They have been an unqualified success around these parts. I'm just sorry I could only make one game this season. Oh well, there's always next year!
  • Sweetie and I took a walk last night. Fall is creeping up on all of us these days -- even I got a bit of a chill as we were walking about the neighborhood.
I'm sorry there's no photograph accompanying this entry. There's no picture that can describe how I'm feeling these days.

UPDATE -- 1:30 PM EST

Well now, I'm feeling a bit happier.

1 comment:

lemming said...

The update brightened my day, though I suppose it's also an indicator that nothing was learned from Whitewater or Iran/Contra or...

GREAT news about your father. Onward and upward!