Friday, September 30, 2005

Notes from All Over

Boy, my mind just keeps flitting about from thing to thing to thing...

  • Found this very interesting profile of Senator Rick Santorum, well, very interesting.
  • Dad sang some Cole Porter and Irving Berlin tunes to me yesterday. His recovery is continuing and so is mine.
  • When you have a magnetic dart board, sometimes this happens:

    How do you score that??
  • Yes, the DeLay story is big news around D.C. But another political story has caught my attention, and this one has an academic tilt to it. The embattled American University President Benjamin Ladner has endured votes of no confidence from five out of the six schools at AU, and today it is reported that a majority of the board wants him gone. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
  • I worked from home yesterday because our furnace was scheduled to be serviced. Well, the technician arrived 40 minutes early. That's never happened to me before. What a nice surprise!

OK, that's enough.

1 comment:

Joe said...

That is magnificent news about your dad. I'm very happy for you both.