Well, nothing like a busy weekend to snap you out of your doldrums! A list:
- We received our new washer and dryer Saturday evening. They arrived several hours late due to some scheduling problems (like, several delivery folks quitting). But the guys who delivered were really nice and very efficient. We tipped them well, despite the delay.
- Visited Dad in the hospital on Sunday. His healing is proceeding apace, and we're waiting on a specific discharge date. Today is his birthday, and I can't think of a bigger bummer than spending your birthday in the hospital! So, send some good thoughts his way.
- Cleaned the kitchen top to bottom. And I do mean top to bottom! All hail the power of Goo Gone!
- Sampled the cheese pizza from the new local joint. The picture above is from the takeout case. Thought the little guy looked lonely in there next to all those San Pellegrino and San Bernedetto bottles.
- Mowed and trimmed the lawn. Also helped Sweetie uproot and discard the multitude of weeds that have overtaken parts of our yard.
So now we're looking forward to Seattle. For the first time in a few weeks I'm excited about the trip. Good friends, good food, and a wedding! What more could you want?