1 zucchini diced medium
1 yellow squash diced medium
1/2 vidalia onion chopped roughly
1/2 pepper (red or green) diced small
2 cloves of garlic crushed and chopped (you can use the stuff in the jar if pressed for time)
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cups of penne pasta
1/4 cup of fresh pesto (or store bought with no Parmesan added)
1/2 cup of crumbled feta cheese
- Cook pasta according to directions. Set aside in colander, allowing it to thoroughly drain.
- Heat olive oil and add onion and garlic. Saute until most of the moisture has been driven from the onion.
- Add squash, zucchini, and pepper. Saute for 5-10 minutes, based on how firm you like your veggies.
- Add pesto and feta and stir until combined.
- Add pasta and stir until completely coated.
Should make four servings with crusty bread and a salad.