Friday, July 08, 2005

"Well, we hurt each other, then we do it again."

I feel sadder today than after September 11, 2001. Because unless the Western World makes some very radical changes to its culture, its policies, and its lifestyle, this shite is gonna be with us for a long, long time. Our "war on terror" seems to be as successful as our "war on drugs."

Sometimes I feel like our society fits the definition of an insane person: someone who does the same thing again and again while expecting different results.

Yes, yes, I know. Vigilance, and all that. Sorry, ain't got none to spare today. Try me next week.

UPDATE (9:45 AM)
Ok, this cheers me up a bit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My friend rimrunner posted the following link in her journal. It's a collection of comments from Londoners in response to the attacks that made me want to lift a pint and shout "huzzah!" in solidarity.