Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Last Exit to Seattle

Ok, it's about T-22 hours and counting until we leave for Seattle and the Wedding of Swank. Let's wrap a few things up:

  • Dad continues to get better. How do I know this? His patience is beginning to slip a bit. "If nothing changes in the next day or two I'll..." "You'll what, Dad?" "I'll continue to rest until something changes." Sigh...
  • Discovery successfully lifted off this morning. Had my fingers crossed from T-3 minutes until T+2 minutes.
  • Pounds are being dropped: 11 so far.
  • Picked up Mrs. Lindbergh bio the other day and will pick up Mr. Lindbergh's bio this evening. Should make for some good airplane reading.

I'll blog again next week when I return. Be nice to each other!

1 comment:

John Burzynski said...

Tommyspoon:

We were just in DC this past week, and we passed through Arlington. We kind of got sidetracked a bit and drove through some real nice neighborhoods off of Military Drive.

If you can explain that mess of roads and interchanges to me that rests between the Potomac and Arlington Cemetery, you are my hero. I got spun around in different directions there at least 3 or 4 times, and I am usually not directionally challenged. Luckily, I happened upon the Iwo Jima Memorial, and was able to find my way around from there.

Your city is really nice...clean, and it looks like they are doing a fair amount of new building.